Every week, Buddy finds the best links on the internet about the outdoors, athletics, and generally getting after it.
August 26 - September 2
This week, we encountered this really interesting Op-Art piece about a writer's recent experience with a nasty bike accident and the imcomprehenisbly high hospital bills and utlimate crowdfunding that followed. Also, a fun excerpt on hiking culture and the nuance of 'How much farther?,' some helpful bike safety tips, and quite a few more running articles.
This week's links:
- 👴👵 The Older You Are, the Better You'll Run an Ultra
- 🏃♀️ What 'Brittany Runs a Marathon' Gets Wrong About Running While Fat
- 💸 Op-Art: The Shame of Crowdfunding Health Care
- 🏃♂️ American Zach Bitter Crushes 100-Mile World Record With 6:48-Mile Pace
- 🚲 Bike Safety Tips
- 🏔🏃♂️Skyrunning: The Latest Running Trend Explained | REI Co-op Journal
- 🗺 Fellow Hiker, I Am Unable to Tell You How Much Farther It Is
- 🏃♂️🏃♀️ UTMB and Ultrarunning’s Amateurism Problem