As of this week, Buddy is now live for North Carolina residents! Whether you are kiteboarding along the coast of the Outer Banks, or backpacking through the Blue Ridge Mountains, Buddy provides peace of mind.
Though our hometown is in Richmond, VA, we consider North Carolina our home away from home. Charles Merritt, CEO and co-founder of Buddy, graduated from UNC Chapel Hill, and has also hiked the full stretch of the Appalachian Trail that runs through the state. The whole team also relocated to the TriCities area from Richmond for a 3 month accelerator program, Techstars, during summer 2018. Now, the adventurous crew regularly returns for trips to the mountains and the coast.
Recommended North Carolina adventures from our team:
- Visit the Nantahala Outdoor Center
- Go backpacking around the state (Charles recommends a trip to the Smokies.)
- Go kiteboarding along the Outer Banks Scenic Highway (There are also several sweet little spots to pull off at, like the ones between miles 48 and 54! Just make sure you have your off-road vehicle permit.)
- Hop on a Jet Ski
- Put your feet up around a beach bonfire
- Visit the US National Whitewater Center and take on a trail race (Brittany tried out the Tread Nightly Tread Brightly race in 2018!)
- Go Climbing (Jay recommends Stone Mountain at Great Arch or Grand Funk Railroad.)
- Climb Mt. Mitchell by bike